Comprehensive Home Health & Hospice provides hospice care services to terminally ill patients, providing care for physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Our team of dedicated professionals work to help maximize quality of life for each patient. We work closely with your doctor to ensure symptoms are well managed, allowing patients to focus on their family and friends from the comfort, security, and familiarity of their own home.
Making the decision to choose hospice is not an easy one, and it can be complex to choose a hospice provider that’s right for your families needs. It’s important to understand the types of hospice care that’s available, the physical, emotional and financial costs that will be associated with the type of care you choose. It’s also important to clearly understand how the hospice provider will help support the. needs of you and your family in each of those ways.
What hospice is:
- A team approach to making a terminally ill loved one comfortable in their last weeks,
- A way for the physician, nurses, social workers, chaplains/counselors to work together to ensure quality care for a terminally ill patient, while they spend their remaining time at home surrounded by loved ones,
- A resource that goes beyond medical care to meet the emotional and spiritual needs of the patient as well as the care givers and loved ones of the patient.
What hospice is not:
- Surrender. In fact, it’s about taking your journey on your terms, with dignity,
- A failure of family, friends, or care givers,
- Expedited death or euthanasia. Hospice simply provides the tools and support to allow seriously ill people to face death on their own terms. In no way does hospice shorten life expectancy.
Choosing a hospice provider in the Bexar County or San Antonio can be complex, especially at a highly stress-filled time. To better understand if a patient is eligible for hospice, download our checklist for clinicians and Emergency Department staff.
Fast facts about Comprehensive Home Health & Hospice:
- We are here to serve patients and their loved ones 24x7x365
- Locally owned and operated right here in San Antonio and Bexar County
- Provides a range of service to meet hospice requirements – like Skilled Nursing, Social Work, Home Health Aide Services, and grief care.
For additional resources on hospice, read the Comprehensive Home Health & Hospice guide to deciding if hospice is right for you or your loved one.
Comprehensive Home Health & Hospice is accredited through the Community Health Accreditation Program, so you can trust our services are of the highest quality.